Wednesday 22 July 2015

Jonas Rivera: Inside Out is my pride and joy

Jonas-Rivera:-Inside-Out-is-my-pride-and-joy 
Inside Out is a love letter to the cast and crew's kids.

The Disney Pixar flick is taking the world by storm following its release in the US earlier this month, which saw it become Pixar's highest grossing original film. It follows the emotions in 11-year-old Riley's head as she moves to a new city with her parents, with Joy (Amy Poehler) playing a particularly important role.

Asked what brings him joy, producer Jonas Rivera was keen to share his life pleasures.

"I feel like we have the greatest jobs in the world - I never dreamed I'd be here in front of you in this great city with a film that we spent five years of our life on that we're so proud of, it's a love letter to our kids," he told Cover Media at the film's London press conference. "It's obviously our families, to me, that bring our greatest joy. I also happen to have this job that I could not feel luckier to have. To work with people like Amy and my best friends on making things - we get to make things and put them out to the world. With enough time and care from the studio we hopefully can craft them into being meaningful."

Jonas, director Pete Docter and the film's cast - also including Mindy Kaling as Disgust and Phyllis Smith as Sadness - attended the Cannes premiere of the movie in May. The film received a ten minute standing ovation; a reception Jonas never dreamed of.

"We were so blown away to be there, it was such an honour to be asked to go there. Honestly it was probably the most nervous I've ever been in my life. Cannes as you know is a very discerning audience and they spent a lot of time warning us," he explained. "'They'll boo if they don't like you, and they don't necessarily like big American movies, and we were like, 'Well, why are we here'!'"

Pete recalled how "overwhelming" it was when the lights came on after the screening and describes the experience as one of the greatest "thrills" that he's ever had.

"We walked out of there in a daze," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment