Tuesday 19 January 2016

Tom Hardy flubbed scenes after Oscars nod

http://www.film-news.co.uk/images/news/Tom-Hardy.jpg
Actor Tom Hardy struggled with scenes for a new British period drama after he learned of his first ever Oscars nomination while on set.

The British actor was filming BBC TV series Taboo on Thursday (14Jan16) when he heard he had received a Best Supporting Actor nod for his role alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in survival epic The Revenant.

Speaking at the film's London premiere that evening (14Jan16), Tom admits he flubbed his scenes on set after hearing the big news.

"I didn't really believe it to be fair, I was like 'Yeah alright, carry on with the scene', which was actually probably one of the worst scenes I've ever done in my life," he tells British TV show Good Morning Britain.

"I was struggling and I had half a costume on. Doing a period drama, I've got no pants on and I was standing there in a shirt. It was like 'Yeah you've been nominated.' I was like 'Yeah course I have, yeah.'

"I haven't fully processed it, if that makes sense, because I've literally just come from work and I'm just a little bit braindead, but it's a really cool day but I haven't really sat with it yet."

His co-star Leonardo, who received his fourth Best Actor nod, is delighted that Tom has been recognised among the 12 nominations which were handed out to The Revenant's cast and crew.

"This movie was a monumental undertaking for everyone involved, and the fact that so many different departments got recognised, and my good pal Tom got recognised, is an amazing feeling, because we really put everything we had into this movie. We didn't leave anything at the door so to speak," the Hollywood superstar says.

Along with Tom and Leonardo's nominations, The Revenant will also compete for prizes include Best Picture and Best Director for Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu during the ceremony in Los Angeles on 28 February (16).

No comments:

Post a Comment