Friday 25 December 2015

Charlie Sheen: 'Denise Richards never judged me'

http://www.film-news.co.uk/images/news/Charlie-Sheen.jpg

Charlie Sheen's ex-wife Denise Richards was "immediately supportive" when she discovered he is HIV positive.

The 50-year-old actor confirmed he has contracted the virus during a TV interview in America in November (15), putting an end to weeks of speculation about his health. He is proud to have finally found the courage to talk about the issue publicly, admitting his ex-wives Denise and Brooke Mueller have been helping him deal with it.



"She was immediately supportive," he told RadarOnline of Denise. "There was no judgement there. There was no fear about anything. She’s a tough lady; she’s dealt with her mom’s cancer and her mom’s death. Denise wanted nothing but the best for me, there was nothing, again, nothing but support.

"Same with Brooke. She was sad for me but then realised that I’m a pretty tough customer and she knew I would handle it and do whatever I had to."

Charlie has daughters Sam, 11, and Lola, 10, with Denise and six-year-old twins Bob and Max with Brooke. Although over the years his relationships with both women have had highs and lows, these days they are all focused on the children.

"With Denise, it’s good most of the time," he said. "It’s fractured at times - like any divorced couple’s relationship would be. But in times of good or bad, we still focus on the children and their needs. We try to park our differences and move forward.
"(With Brooke) it’s good today. She doesn’t let it get boring, I’ll tell you that."

The star also spoke about his love life, which he's become almost as well known for as he is his career. During his infamous 2010 meltdown he famously lived with two women he christened his "goddesses" and he was engaged to Brett Rossi, but that relationship broke down in 2014.

These days Charlie is happy on his own, explaining the only relationship he has any time for is the one with himself.

In an earlier interview with the outlet, the star spoke about his plans for the future. He discovered he had HIV four years ago and since then has spent a great deal on medication, so had vowed to make it more affordable for others.

"I have to take three pills each day. The total cost is about $4,000 a month," he adds. "I know that's prohibitive to a lot of people's economic scenarios. Perhaps in my research, and in my journey, we can help develop ways that make it affordable for all.

"It was shortly afterwards (the diagnosis) - I think it was the second day - I said to my mom, 'This disease picked the wrong guy.' If anybody can fight this thing and discover a cure, it's me. I will exhaust every resource available to me. I will sit with every expert. I will move forward until something's revealed."

No comments:

Post a Comment