Monday 4 January 2016

Scott Disick: 'Children saved me from suicide'

http://www.film-news.co.uk/images/news/Scott-Disick.jpg

Reality TV star Scott Disick's children are the only reason he didn't kill himself following his split from Kourtney Kardashian.

Scott and Kourtney broke up in the summer of 2015 following a nine-year romance, during which they had kids Mason, six, Penelope, three, and 12-month-old Reign. Since then Scott has been seen enjoying the company of various women while partying in hotspots such as Mexico, but during an emotional sit down with his ex-girlfriend and her family on their TV show Keeping Up with the Kardashians he admitted how much the breakup has effected him.

"I've never been this unhappy in my life, you know," he said. "It's just terrible. If I didn't have those kids, I would kill myself. But I have them and I'm going to be here and I'm going to make it right for them. I just hope that somehow… God can like, give me a chance or us a chance at this. It's weird to lose that many people that quick, you know."

Scott's mother and father passed away in quick succession, with his father Jeffrey dying less than three months after his mother Bonnie in January 2014. He struggled to cope with the loss and was seen going off the rails in the TV programme, something he now admits he's ashamed about.

“I realise I’m in the wrong, I’ve been in the wrong a long time,” the 32-year-old star said. “It’s just been a really hard time going from having all of you guys to having nobody. I’m living in a house by myself, I want to pick up the phone and call my mom and dad… I’m just so ashamed that I publicly embarrass all of you. It kills me to the point that I feel like I can’t make it up.”

Kourtney said little during the conversation, and her sister Kim was equally quiet. Her other sibling Khloé did speak out, telling Scott she struggled to understand his behaviour as they had all tried to be there for him following his loss.

Momager Kris Jenner seemed more willing to listen to Scott, stating that everyone makes mistakes and now it's time for him to think about what he wants from life.

"We all love you every much. It breaks my heart to see (Kourtney) in pain," she said. "It's one of the hardest things you can go through as a mom. You have to make the decision that what you want is to be a partner and a dad and involved and present and committed and you fight for what you want and you need and you love."

Earlier in the show Kourtney spoke about her feelings following the split, revealing she was annoyed people kept sending her the latest on the women Scott was partying with. She seemed fully focused on her children, insisting she had no interest in looking for love.

"I'm not like, a dating person. I did the dating thing before Scott for like a minute and it was not for me," she said. "I just got out of a nine-year relationship, I think the last thing I need is anyone in my life."

\

No comments:

Post a Comment